Search This Blog

Nov 15, 2008

Amitabh Bachchan joins





Bollywood
superstar Amitabh Bachchan will be back to work finally from today
(November 15). He resumes work after a much- needed break in Udaipur.

Confirming his return to the archlights, he says, "I'm starting on the 15th with Leena Yadav's Teen Patti. There isn't much pending work there."

He
was in Udaipur taking a break with his personal physician accompanying
him. "I needed to get away from home. I needed time to myself, to read
and write. And to watch the films that I've been meaning to for a long
time. It was so peaceful out here. I should do this more often. But
where is the time to take time off?"

They don't call him the
Big B for nothing. Generous and considerate towards his fans and
well-wishers to the point of self-destruction, the Big B is more than
willing to meet the disappointed hordes who were turned away on his
birthday after his sudden illness.

"My fans are never a
burden. They are welcome any time. I publicly meet them every Sunday
and specific ones get to meet me on my films' sets. No issues there."

Big B regrets the fact that his illness took away his fans' excitement on his birthday.

"However,
health issues do not wait for an opportune moment. They happen. It is
nature. It is biological. We do not have control over them. Yes, this
one happened on my birthday. So what?"

He is supremely pleased
to be home. "But I do regret not being able to meet the well-wishers
who assemble to greet me. I am sure they have understood the gravity of
the situation. There will be other moments to make up for the loss."

Family
friends like Karan Johar and Sanjay Dutt who are abroad, kept calling
to express their concern throughout Big B's weeklong hospitalisation.
And he was overwhelmed and embarrassed by the extra attention.

Commenting
regretfully on the postponement of Abhishek and Aishwarya's schedule of
Mani Ratnam's film, Big B says, "They were to leave the next day but
stayed back and rescheduled their programme because of my condition. I
generally do not like the idea of attention and of disturbing others
with my condition, but I shall respect their decision even if they
disagree with me. Particularly so now."

The general opinion
about Abhishek is that he's as good a son to his father as the Big B
was to his. The Big B says with paternal pride.

"I am grateful
that others think so compassionately about Abhishek. My father is not
alive to give an assessment of what he thought of me as a son. But I
am. And I am happy and full of pride to have Abhishek as my devoted
son."

Back to work, a small portion of Shootjit Sircar's film remains to be shot.

"We
needed to wait for a particular climate to shoot the remaining work.
That is now ready and we shall be finishing the entire shoot soon. I'm
also in the process of sorting out the dates for the film to be
produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Good to have so much variety thrown
in my direction."

In the meanwhile, AB Corp Ltd is ready to
resume operations. Big B isn't too pleased by the suggestion that his
production company had slowed down.

"I laugh at the constant
refrain of 'AB. Corp resuming production'. Resuming? We have been in
production all along. Yes, they may not have attracted attention .But
we are there. I shall keep you abreast as time approaches on our
projects."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Bollywood Hollywood