Search This Blog

Jan 24, 2009

'bald'! Shilpa Shetty


A major cosmetic company, alerted by the news that Shilpa Shetty was going to shave off her hair for a movie, put its foot down and made her change plans.

Any way, she went 'bald', induced by prosthetics, before the camera. Says Shilpa, "I'd have loved to shave off my hair. But my other commitments put an end to my plans. The bald prosthetics were done by an amazing makeup artiste named Vidyadhar. It took him three hours to make me look bald. And after I finished shooting it took an hour to take off the bald makeup."
Shilpa insisted on doing all the bald scenes in one day. "Getting into the bald make up again would've been impossible. But what we've shot is amazing. Being hairless makes you look so vulnerable and childlike. I felt I had gone back to my childhood," Shilpa said from Kollam where the film 'Desire' is being shot.

Shilpa regrets not going the whole hog. "Seeing myself in bald prosthetics liberated me. I wish I could've actually shaved of my hair. When Aamir Khan tonsures his head and it becomes a fashion statement. But we girls have to go by the market definitions of glamour."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Bollywood Hollywood