Search This Blog

Jul 11, 2009

Shah Rukh honoured with doctorate by UK university

DR SHAH RUKH KHAN: The actor attends a ceremony to receive an honorary doctorate from the University of Bedfordshire, UK.

London: After Amitabh Bachchan and Shilpa Shetty it is Shah Rukh Khan’s turn to don a ‘scholarly’ hat. On Friday he was conferred an honorary doctorate by the University of Bedfordshire for his contribution to arts and culture.

Dressed in ceremonial robes, King Khan was his usual charming self.

“My wife is here too. She thinks being a doctor is really serious stuff. Of all my achievements as an actor, this one is a special achievement,” says the actor.

And just like his acting roles, Shah Rukh wants to take his scholarly duties seriously.

“I will entertain like Walt Disney where he says I will entertain and help people learn. But if you are asking if I will make films to teach people ABC then I doubt it, you won’t see them. But I will make films that people can go and see for three hours and then come back and study hard for their exams,” promises Shah Rukh.

Apart from film awards, the actor was honoured with the Padmashri in 2005. Internationally he was conferred the Order of The Arts and Literature Award by the French government in 2007 and last year Malaysia's Datuk Honour, similar to British Knighthood.

After receiving the honour Shah Rukh tells what he does with all the honours and awards.

“On one wall, where I have my personal desk, where I keep my scripts, I have the Padmashri, the French honour, the Malaysiann honour and this one will also go there. The Filmfare awards are in front of me so I am like a megalomaniac, self-centered person who likes to be surrounded by his awards,” he says.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Bollywood Hollywood