Search This Blog

May 13, 2008

Karan Johar refuses to design clothes for SRK


Karan with Shah Rukh Khan (TOI Photo)
Karan Johar’s brief but illustrious stint as costume designer seems to be over.

He won’t be designing or styling Shah Rukh Khan’s costumes for his films. “At least, not this time,” he makes it clear to us from Los Angeles where he’s busy with the pre-production work of his next film.

“I’m so taken up with pre-production, I don’t know if I’m coming or going. It’s impossible for me to do Shah Rukh’s clothes for Adi’s film. Now someone else is doing his costumes this time. It was fun while it lasted and I even got awards for doing Shah Rukh’s clothes.”

He must be the only director in the world to get awards for doing costumes. “Am I? Well, there you are!” He also poses for magazine covers and makes cameo appearances but the multitasking director is a worried man. He says, “At the moment I’m leaving all that behind and focussing on getting back to making films. I will turn 36 this month. And I’m really depressed about my age. Those who said that the 30s are a swinging extension of the 20s, were obviously lying.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Bollywood Hollywood