Search This Blog

Oct 15, 2008

My Name is Khan

Karan Johar’s next offering My Name is Khan touches on a sensitive topic – the plight of normal Muslims after September 11 bombings in America.

srk=kajol

The film stars King Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and the bewitching Kajol who return as a pair since the super success of Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham.

Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol are paired as husband and wife. The story is set against post 9/11 tragedy. Shah Rukh Khan will play a Muslim who gets wrongly detained on a flight because his last name is Khan and hence the authorities think that must make him a terrorist?

“My Name is Khan” features six people with Muslim names who are viewed with suspicion and forced to endure extra security checks in international airports six years after the 9/11 attacks

Shah Rukh Khan says the movie touches him personally.

“Internationally, if you have a Muslim surname, you might be considered a terrorist,” the Indian Muslim actor told.”At London airport, every time I go, people recognize me, but they see my second name, and they give me an extra checking.”

Shah Rukh Khan, who acted in more than 50 movies, remembers that before 9/11 his famous name used to facilitate things for him and his movie crew at airports. Not anymore.

“Earlier, my assistant Subhash used to be stopped, because of the way he looks, so I used to say ok, I will take your bags, it is better for me.”These days, I am the one who’s stopped, so it’s okay, he carries my bags for me,” Khan laughed.

He argues that this kind of discrimination does not happen in Hindu-majority India. “It is really stupid even to imagine that such kind of differentiation happens in India,” said the Bollywood star.”It is most secular and there is no difference between a Khan and a Kumar here.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Bollywood Hollywood