Search This Blog

Oct 21, 2008

STAR Gold airs 'Chandni Chowk to Bollywood - A Journey of a Superstar'

MUMBAI: Post the exciting Akshay Kumar movie festival, Star Gold presents a one-of-its-kind initiative to culminate the fest & applaud the 'Khiladi' of Bollywood - Akshay Kumar.

Little did anyone guess that this man, who entered the world of films with no fanfare, no Godfather and no formal training in acting would, one day, rule the celluloid world as one of the most sought after superstars of Hindi Cinema! Hosted by Sajid Khan, on October 26 at 8 pm, STAR Gold airs 'Chandni Chowk to Bollywood - A Journey of a Superstar', a star-studded event dedicated to Akshay Kumar and his promising journey till date.

The beauties of Bollywood take on the stage with some electrifying numbers, especially for Akshay Kumar. Watch Aarti Chhabria & Anjana Sukhani groove amidst fire… Amrita Arora dresses up like the khiladi himself and sizzles to all his songs… Amisha Patel enters the stage in the form of a gorgeous butterfly and finally the best comes last, as Akshay takes on the dance floor on his best numbers.


Superstar Akshay Kumar says, "Jesus I'm flattered, but I'm not retiring yet though so don't panic, this life time showcase that STAR Gold are releasing of mine makes it sound like "wow look what I've done, coz I have nothing left," Not to fear they just want to show you why I wasn't famous earlier that's all... Just kidding guys I am actually genuinely flattered, its great to feel that after 18 years of struggling at something that you love, its actually being appreciated and even loved, (I hope)... I never thought I'd be famous enough to have a tribute made of me so I would say this is a bit of a touching programme for me really. As nervous a I am that you are all about to witness things that I cant even remember in front and behind the scenes, I hope you all enjoy the juicy details of my life, I'm sure STAR Gold has dug deep enough to keep you entertained, my pleasure as always... STAR Gold I will get you back for this..."

If that's not enough, catch the making, behind-the-scenes and gupshup from the rehearsals on Octber 25 at 7.30 pm (repeats on Sunday at 12.30 pm) on STAR Gold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Bollywood Hollywood